In those rare times when you actually get a break from your children, what do you actually choose to do? I bet many time you choose to curl up with a good book and just escape. If this sounds like your kinda private time, then let me share with you a contest that you’ll just be drooling over! The Ontario Tourism board wants to fly not just you, but you and 5 of your closest friends to Toronto in order to spoil you and treat you to an evening with Joseph Boyden, author of Three Day Road and Through Black Spruce. It’s actually called The Book Lovers Getaway Sweepstakes. See what types of things are included below (subject to change):
• Return air travel via Porter Airlines to Toronto
• Accommodations at the regal Fairmont Royal York in Toronto and The Rosseau, Canada’s first JW Marriott Resort & Spa in Muskoka
• Shuttle from Toronto to Muskoka in quintessentially Ontario fashion via a short yet exhilarating float plane ride, admiring scenic landscapes and vibrant fall colours en route before landing on Lake Rosseau
• All meals, including a culinary tour of Toronto and dinner high atop the CN Tower with an exclusive tour of the world’s tallest wine cellar
• Two memorable literary events with Joseph Boyden, celebrated author of Three Day Road and Through Black Spruce. You and your guests will enjoy a private reception with Boyden in Toronto and attend an event in Muskoka where he’ll talk about the books he has written, the one he is currently writing and how his native Ontario inspires his work
• Guided tours in Muskoka will give you a flavor of the region’s marine and aboriginal heritage; you’ll experience its natural beauty while hiking and mushroom foraging; you’ll enjoy its local arts scene on a fall studio tour; and of course, there will be time to visit the quaint shops of Ontario’s ‘cottage country’.
Two years ago I visited Toronto and it is by far one of the absolute classiest cities I have ever enjoyed. Things really are just different in Canada. I feel like you and your friends could write your own story based on your 4 day 3 night trip together and I promise you a lot of moms would buy it. Think of all the possibilities. I’m sure you won’t want to come home, you think you’ll miss the kids, but drink a few bottles of wine and enjoy a couple nights out on the town and you’ll be like “What kids?”. I’ve never visited Muskoka so you’ll have to tell me how the cottage country goes. I’m sure it will be uber relaxing. Now I’m jealous.
To enter this contest, which ends August 15th at Midnight, visit http://www.ontariotravel.net/booklovers and cross your fingers. And by the way, if you win, I’m a really good time!