Do you have little kids that certainly can’t handle the scary sights all around town for Halloween? Yeah, me too. Spencer doesn’t like to be scared at all, but he still loves Halloween fun. This leaves us in a lurch in the Halloween season but Legoland Brick or Treat has us covered. Non-scary fun in a theme park atmosphere in Central Florida is hard to come. Thank you so much Legoland, we’re grateful. They have a costume parade, of course they have some trick or treating and other fun offerings you can read about below. Spencer is going to be so excited to check this out and with the promise of no jump scares, I’ll be able to relax the whole night.
Brick or Treat Presented by Shutterfly to Scare Up Candy, Fireworks & Gentle HalloweenFun at LEGOLAND® Florida Resort This October
WINTER HAVEN, Fla. (Sept. 1, 2016) — The Halloween party #BuiltForKids returns to LEGOLAND® Florida Resort on 11 dates in October, featuring a LEGO® lineup of spooky, kooky, brick-tacular activities and extended park hours. Expanded last year with even more lightly frightful fun, Brick or Treat Presented by Shutterfly is an all-day event included with park admission — no extra ticket required!
Offered every Saturday and Sunday in October, plus Monday, Oct. 31, the popular annual event includes a specialHalloween-themed fireworks spectacular on 10 of the 11 event dates, meet-and-greet opportunities with a ghoulish gallery of LEGO monsters and a stunning, brick-built model perfect for scary selfies and snapshots. Joining the lineup of special activities this year is a kid-centric parade free to all guests who come dressed up in costumes.
Parked in Market Plaza will be the 13-foot-long Vampyre Hearse, a giant LEGO model inspired by a set from the now-retired LEGO Monster Fighters series. For this year’s Brick or Treat, the hot-rod hearse made out of more than 280,000 LEGO and DUPLO® bricks has been enhanced with spooky sound effects and ghostly lights, making it an even-more-perfect photo opportunity for boys and ghouls.
Highlights also will include:
- Photo opportunities with the world’s largest LEGO pumpkin
- Exclusive meet-and-greets with LEGO Halloween characters Vladimir the Vampyre, the Mummy, the Mad Scientist, the Witch and Frankenstein
- Fistfuls of candy while trick-or-treating along the Legoland Brick or Treat Trail, for kids 12 and under
- A scavenger hunt in MINILAND USA with a collectible, limited-edition LEGO brick free to every guest while supplies last — with a special Brick or Treat design chosen this year by our Facebook fans!
- A vampire-themed takeover of the LEGO Kingdoms area
- The popular — and delicious — Granny’s Apple Fries will once again offer a pumpkin spice variety for a limited time
With the exception of Monday, Oct. 31 (it’s a school night!), each Brick or Treat date will conclude with a creepy-crawly, spider-themed fireworks show at 8 p.m. in the skies above Lake Eloise. Pick up a complimentary pair of viewing glasses to add a brick-tastic LEGO twist to the colorful spectacle.
2016 Brick or Treat Presented by Shutterfly Dates
- Oct. 1-2 (Saturday & Sunday)
- Oct. 8-9 (Saturday & Sunday)
- Oct. 15-16 (Saturday & Sunday)
- Oct. 22-23 (Saturday & Sunday)
- Oct. 29, 30 & 31 (Saturday, Sunday & Monday)