*This is a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.
ESPN’s Nine for IX is an ESPN Documentary about women in sports and directed by women. It is also produced by outstanding women such as Robin Roberts and Whoopi Goldberg. Nine for IX showcases exceptional female athletes at the top of their game but delves deeper than just the sport itself. Here is an explanation from the studio itself:
From the award-winning producers of 30 for 30, Nine for IX is an exceptional gift set celebrating the 40th anniversary of Title IX features nine documentary films about women in sports.
Directed by an extraordinarily diverse group of female filmmakers and executive produced by Jane Rosenthal (co-founder, Tribeca Film Festival) and Robin Roberts (co-anchor, Good Morning America), these critically-acclaimed films highlight Pat Summitt’s remarkable story, Venus Williams fight for equal pay and the 1999 US Women’s World Cup team, among others.
Released by ESPN this month, the four-disc collection includes all nine titles from the Nine for IX series, plus two bonus films!
The films included in the collection are:
– Venus Vs. (Directed by Ava DuVernay)
– Pat XO (Directed by Lisa Lax and Nancy Stern / Produced by Robin Roberts)
– The Diplomat (Directed by Jennifer Arnold and Senain Khesghi)
– Runner (Directed by Shola Lynch)
– No Limits (Directed by Alison Ellwood)
– Branded (Directed by Heidi Ewing and Rachel Grady)
– Let Them Wear Towels (Directed by Annie Sundberg and Ricki Stern)
– Swoopes (Directed by Hannah Storm)
– The ‘99ers (Directed by Erin Leyden / Produced by Julie Foudy)
– Coach (Directed by Bess Kargman; Executive Producer Whoopi Goldberg)
– Abby Head On (Directed by Erin Leyden and Gentry Kirby)
ESPN’s Nine For IX would be a terrific gift for a young woman in your life. It’s a powerful representation of what we as women can accomplish when motivated to break down barriers and achieve greatness. This is something all girls, both young and into their teen years should be reminded of any time possible.
Right now MySentimentExactLee would like to giveaway one copy of Nine For IX along with a $50 gift certificate to Sport’s Authority. To enter follow the directions below.
*This is a sponsored post. All opinions are my own. Giveaway open to US residents ages 18+ only. Ends December 19th at 12:00 AM. Winner has 48 hours to respond via email.